With the craze of 100mile out now, i decided to write a menu, and soon to cook a menu based soley on 100mile products.(minus oils, salt and pepper, and certian vinegars)
Amisbouche - Chili Infused Goats Cheese Stuffed Baby Bell Peppers with Ranch Vinegrette
[ This is twist on an old Dish of mine, decided to play with it and use a baby bell from Savoury Herb Gardens]
Course 1 - Heirlom Tomatoe Gazpacho with a Basil Creme Fraiche
[Tomato Gazpacho is one of my all time favourite dishes, so many flavours that are able to be infused into the soup. And once again using produce from Savoury Herb Gardens, And the offer of Heirloom Tomatoes just meant that much flavour and it had to go in!]
Course 2 - Dungeness Crab & Chilliwack Corn Croquettes with a Chili Lime Butter
[Being on the westcoast we have ready accsess to corn & Crab in the summer, and the two pair together wonderfully. So figured to add them all together]
Course 3 - "Fisn 'n Chips" - Beer Battered Prawns, with Heirloom Tomato Chips and a Mint Tartar
[This is a fun twist on Fish and Chips, I am not a very large fish fan, but love prawns, so I figured I am going to twist this around. Using a Chocolate Porter for the batter will help bring the mint tartar together with the prawns. The Heirloom Tomato Chips will simply be a great addition.]
Course 4 - Bison Carpaccio with an Arugula Salad & Lavender Infused Balsamic Vinegrette
[Just last year I was introduced to Bison, and since then I have been in love, the flavour from Bison is amazing, and with an organic Bison Farmer just out in Maple Ridge, I knew I will always have mys teady flow of it.]
Course 5 - Pattypan Squash & Goats Cheese Ravioli with a Bacon & Bourbon Reduction
Course 6 - Fraser Valley Duck Breast with 'Potato Salad' [Molasses Bacon Butter vinegrette dressing]
Course 7 - Okanagon Peach Cobbler, & a Peach & Raspberry Struddel with a Marscapone Honey Whipping Cream
Cheeseboard - Local Cheese from "The Village Pasture" & Various Charcutrie
No comments:
Post a Comment